Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh
Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh – Earlier, people over the age of 40 had to be concerned about their heart health. However, post the COVID-19 pandemic, cases of mild to severe heart and blood vessel damage have been on the rise even among the youth. This is why monitoring the heart has become so important for everyone these days.
In this post, we will take a look at the aspects that separate a good cardiologist in Chandigarh from an average one and how Wish Health, India’s leading healthcare portal, can help you connect with the best cardiologist in your location, through both online and offline channels.
What does a Cardiologist do?
Cardiologists are medical health practitioners who specialize in the treatment of cardiovascular system which includes the heart and the blood vessels. They diagnose and treat the following problems:
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Valve issues
- Heart rhythm problems
- High blood pressure
Some cardiologists serve as professor at Universities and contribute to new treatments for heart problems.
Types of Cardiologists
There are roughly 10 types of heart specialists, which can be called upon according to the kind of heart ailment that you are suffering from. Here is how cardiologists are classified:
- Clinical cardiologists: They diagnose and manage heart ailments. Clinical cardiologists should be your go-to cardiologist in Chandigarh in case you develop symptoms such as angina or an abnormal heart rate or have a heart attack.
- Interventional cardiologists: As the name suggests, these cardiologists specialize in invasive – but non-surgical – procedures for valve disease, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and carotid artery. They perform their procedures in the cardiac catheterization laboratory, better known as a cath lab.
- Electrophysiologists: Electrophysiologists treat irregular heart rhythms. They are in-charge of implanting electrical devices such as cardioverter-defibrillators and pacemakers.
- Cardiac Imaging Specialists: These cardiologists in Chandigarh use advanced imaging technologies to diagnose heart conditions, such as echocardiography, stress tests with imaging, and cardiac MRI and CT scans.
- Cardiac Surgeons: Cardiac surgeons are specialized at performing bypass surgeries, dealing with aorta and valve replacement and carrying out heart transplants.
- Congenital Heart Specialists: A congenital heart specialist treats heart abnormalities present in children. This abnormality is usually present at birth and becomes apparent during early childhood.
- Preventive cardiologists: These Cardiologists help those individuals who have a family history of heart attack or those who have developed heart ailments at a young age. Preventive cardiologists offer customized treatment for each individual.
- Heart-Failure Specialists: Besides specializing at managing the symptoms and delaying the progression of heart failure, these specialists provide advice on sophisticated treatments like heart transplantation and a left ventricular assist device.
- Cardio oncologists: Patients undergoing chemotherapy may get exposed to certain forms of radiations and agents that may be toxic to the heart. A Cardio Oncologist ensures that cancer patients can make the best out of their chemo sessions, without any damage to the heart.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist: The last category under the best cardiologists in Chandigarh comprises rehabilitation specialists. They help people return to optimal function after a heart attack or heart surgery, through supervised exercise and diet programs.
Contact WishHealth for the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh
We hope that you now have a better idea about different kinds of heart specialists and whom to reach out to for a specific heart ailment. Wish Health takes immense pride in its decades of fruitful association with the Best Cardiologist in Chandigarh. Feel free to reach out to us at the following contact details if you want to take consultation from the city’s top cardiologist:
- Address: C-205, SM Heights, Ground Floor, Industrial Area, Sector 74, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab – 140308
- Phone Number: +91-958 0011 011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org